Enjoy stimulating work, smaller class sizes and mentorships
Open to highly motivated and academically talented students in our Associate of Arts, Associate of Fine Arts, and Associate of Science transfer degree programs, as well as a few select Associate of Applied Science programs, our 荣誉项目 offers an enriched academic experience. The program cultivates academic excellence in small, specialized classes, with collaborative and experiential learning opportunities, and extracurricular activities emphasizing intellectual development and leadership in 社区服务.
- Increased academic challenge, encouraged critical thinking, welcomed creativity;
- Social activities with honors students and faculty;
- Personalized course and transfer advising;
- Eligibility to compete for full-tuition scholarships;
- Honors designation on your transcripts and diploma;
- Enhanced opportunities with highly selective four-year transfer partners; and
- Recognition at commencement.
The College awards 25 荣誉项目 奖学金 each year semester to students who commit to completing the program and their degree at Montco. 奖励是基于成绩的 和未满足的需求. If you wish to be considered for an Honors scholarship, you must:
- 应用 to the College and the 荣誉项目
- Be pursuing your first college degree
- Make significant progress towards your degree each semester
- Be a resident of Montgomery County, PA
It is preferable for the applicant to have filed a FAFSA.
By the end of the Program, successful students will have demonstrated ability to do 下列各项:
- Think Critically: Identify and devise well-defined solutions for identified problems 和问题.
- Communicate Effectively: Clearly defend a position on a problem or issue orally and 以书面形式.
- Engage Civilly: Collaborate with members of the College and community organizations to identify, analyze, and participate in community needs related to civic issues of 本地及全球关注.
应用 to the 荣誉项目
If you’re interested in participating in the 荣誉项目, taking an individual Honors course or Honors scholarship opportunities, complete this single application 尽可能早. Admission to the program is based on a variety of criteria. You do not need to meet all the criteria, but you do need to meet at least two of 他们.
The 荣誉项目 may be completed on a full- or part-time basis. 荣誉课程 are offered in fall and spring 学期, and Honors Capstone projects are possible throughout the academic year.
General Education Requirements
You must complete at least three of the following General Education 荣誉课程. A high-scoring Advanced Placement exam may replace one of the Honors General Education 课程.
|cms - 120 h
|eng - 101 h
|English Composition I, Honors
|eng - 102 h
|English Composition II, Honors
|他的- 101 h
|History of Western Civilization I: Ancient, Medieval, and Early Modern, Honors
|他的- 203 h
|History of the United States: To 18777, Honors
|他的- 205 h
|History of the United States: From 1877, Honors
|小组- 101 h
|Introduction to Psychology, Honors
You must complete at least one of the two following Honors options.
|Honors Experience: (topic)
|an approved Honors Capstone project in a major course or Independent Study
Additional Program Requirements
To remain in the 荣誉项目, you are required to:
- Participate in the Honors Club or provide leadership in an appropriate alternate student 组织(e.g. SGA, PTK, MAT, PBL, Psychology Club, Rotaract).
- Participate in one 社区服务 activity each semester.
- Participate in one extra-curricular intellectual experience each semester.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.2或以上.
Other Honors Opportunities
Available to interested and eligible students, the College offers:
- Enrollment in individual 荣誉课程-- students who have completed 12 college credits and have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.2或以上 may take 荣誉课程 while completing their degree requirements.
- Two chapters of Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society for two-year college students. Invitations are sent early in the Fall and Spring 学期.
- A chapter of Mu Alpha Theta, the Math Honor Society.
- A chapter of Sigma Phi Alpha, the Honors Society for Dental Hygiene students.